Child should be five years old by September 30th. Emphasis is placed on dealing with the “whole child.” Cognitive, social-emotional, gross and fine motor, and speech and language are all part of the young child’s development. We endeavor to achieve this by teaching basic readiness, phonics, math concepts, writing, beginning reading, music, literature, and speech.
- A.M. Half Day Core Kindergarten, Monday through Friday 8:15-12:00
- P.M. Half Day Enrichment Kindergarten, Monday through Friday 12:00 – 2:30
- Full Day Kindergarten, Mon through Friday 8:15-2:30
Cocoons (Pre-K 4 year olds)
Child should be four years old by September 30th. Informal individualized instruction. Directed play with educational materials. Includes music, literature, art, and many enrichment activities including emergent literacy and mathematical thinking.
- A.M. Half Day Core Cocoon: Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 8:15 – 12:00
- A.M. Extended Cocoon: Tuesday and Thursday: 8:15-12:00
- P.M. Enrichment Cocoon: Monday through Friday: 12:00 – 2:30
Caterpillars (3 year olds) and Young Caterpillar (2 years 9 months old)
Child should be three years old by September 30th. A large part of the program is enriched play with educational materials. Includes music, literature, art, and social interaction. Informal individualized learning, and academic skills introduced.
- A.M. Half Day Core Caterpillar: Tuesday and Thursday 8:15-12:00
- A.M. Extended Caterpillar: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 8:15-12:00
- P.M. Enrichment Caterpillar: Monday through Friday: 12:00-2:30
All morning students stay for lunch. The school does not provide lunches, but is always ready to provide healthy snacks in an emergency. Lunches should be ready to eat.
The usual schedule is lunch from 11:10 to 11:30 with outside recess from 11:30 to 12:00. When weather permits the children going home at noon and 2:30 are picked up from the playground. If they are not at outside recess, pick up is from the upstairs door of the chapel.